John Thwaytes, born on 11th January 1931, is the second son of Lancelot Laurence Thwaytes and Grace Veronica Thwaytes (nee Caesar). After getting an Honors degree in History from St.Catherines, Oxford, he worked as an Assistant Manager in Binny & Co (Madras) Ltd for three years. Post his stint in India, he went back to complete his masters from the Ivey Business School. While undergoing the course he got a call from the Lord that was fairly close to what happened to St.Paul on the road to Damascus. His answer was “Yes”. Having dropped out after the first year with a D.B.A., he joined Maryglade Seminary at Memphis, Michigan, and slogged through a year of novitiate, a year of philosophy, and four years of theology. He was ordained priest in June 1965. In June 1966 he landed by air in Kolkata, and went up to North Bengal. Soon afterwards he was sent to Malbazar to become Headmaster/ Secretary of Bartolo Longo Junior High School, now named St.Bartholemews HS School. In 1973, he founded Boys Town and Caesar School about a quarter of a mile away from B.L.School (as it is widely known). He has been working at Boys Town and Caesar School ever since, and has prepared a site for his grave in the Chapel garden where he hopes , Deo volonte, to rest his weary bones in due course of time.