Dedicate your #versesoflove
An Excellent and Dedicated Team with an established presence in the publishing industry.
Discover and read thousands of books from independent authors across India
Price: Rs. 50 per page plus GST
Have you written your manuscript on paper? No worries. Let us help you convert your hard copy into a MS Word document. This service does not include proof reading of your typed manuscript.
Copy Editing is the process of making a manuscript grammatically correct.
Price: Rs. 0.60 per word plus GST
We cover all major areas in copy editing. Our editors will review the manuscript and suggest changes in grammar, punctuation, spelling, tone and consistency to make it as error-free as possible. You would be able to accept or reject the suggestions and post queries on the ones you need more clarity on. This would be a collaborative effort with you and the editor and the final manuscript would be the result of a consensus between both parties.
In grammar we check verb usage, parts of speech, tenses, pronoun usage, and prepositions and so on.
Here we make sure the spellings are right, consistent and adhere to one style (US or UK).
We check for consistency in style (US or UK), punctuation in dialogue and punctuation in running text.
Sometimes, the phrases in a sentence can be in the wrong order. The sentence’s intended meaning will be different from what is written. There may be too many long sentences, short sentences or abrupt sentences. And sometimes, the sentences may be incomplete.
All the dates, units, headings, quotes, symbols, capitalizations and everything in your manuscript should follow one consistent style. This is because it’s easier for a reader to follow and recollect the details. Familiarity will help with retention.
Using track changes on word, we will make indicative suggestions and changes that will allow the author to review and approve. All the changes and suggestions made by an editor are not final until the author responds and approves them. Editing is always collaborative.
When we spot inconsistencies, we will follow one style, based on the inputs we get from the author and make all the text and symbols consistent, adhering to one style. We will make changes wherever we spot errors or inconsistencies and leave comments when we have queries.
Copy Editing is the process of making a manuscript grammatically correct. However, due to its creative nature, poetry requires a different form of copy editing.
1. We check for Inconsistencies in
2. Ellipsis- This is overused in poetry. The editor will point out instances where this is unnecessary
3. Punctuation- Incorrect punctuation can often interfere with the intended meaning. Although poets are often handed the poetic license, incorrect punctuation will reduce the readability of a poem. For instance, using commas in the wrong places will create redundant, pregnant pauses and get in the way of the imagery. The editor will point out these instances.
4. Spelling- Incorrect spellings will be edited.
5. Unintelligible sentences- Poetry tends to be abstract and many seemingly random words are often strung together intentionally. However, when the intended meaning doesn't come through, it may not make any sense to a reader. The editor will leave queries here, asking the poet to rephrase it to fill the gap between the intended meaning and the existing text.
6. Grammar- Again, the editor will use a light hand here. But they will point out instances where there are glaring errors with no specific intention. However, these are only suggestions and not the final changes.
The BETA reader will help you write and finish your book by giving you structured feedback from the point of view of a reader. More often than not you feel overwhelmed when you write. Sometimes you’re unable to find the time or the motivation to write. The Notion Press Beta Reader will help you
Price: Rs. 24,990 plus GST
1. Evaluate the book’s Genre, Objective, and Target Audience
2. Help you set writing deadlines and setup beta reading pitstops to provide feedback
3. Provide structured feedback from the reader's perspective during each pitstop
4. Conduct follow up reviews after each pitstop to ensure that you have made the changes as recommended
You are eligible for this service if you have,
The feedback will be given only on substantial chunks, at agreed pitstops. Page-by-page feedback will only slow down the process and get in the way of the writer’s flow.
The beta reader only reads the book and provides feedback. You get to decide how to present your idea and content. So the book has to be written by you.
This is not an editing stage. Grammar issues, general hygiene is not fixed at this stage. Editing begins when writing ends. Writing while editing will be overwhelming for you.
You will set your own deadlines and we will review the manuscript once you send it to us.
This service does not include positioning or marketing strategy services. It solely focuses on giving feedback on the content from a reader’s perspective.
You may provide options to the Beta Reader and ask them which title is better. However, the beta reader will not provide options for the title or give ideas for the cover.
The Notion Press submissions team will send you a discovery form and schedule a call with your Beta Reader. You do not have to fill the discovery form on your own. You just have to familiarise yourself with it before the call in order to answer the questions your Beta Reader will ask you.
This is the introduction to your Beta Reader. You’ll discuss the Beta Reading process with your Reader and set up pitstops based on the expected length of the book. The Beta Reader will discuss the discovery questions and fill the discovery form for you.
After a discussion with you, the Beta Reader will setup writing pit stops with the number of words. They will send the filled-up form along with genre-specific questions that the Beta Reader will answer at agreed-upon Pitstops. The Beta Reader will set up the timeline for your project with detailed deadlines.
You will send the agreed number of words/chapters with any specific questions you have about the first section. If you have an existing chapter plan or outline, you can share it with the Beta Reader. The Beta Reader will answer the first review questions along with the specific questions (if any) you had asked.
a. First Review Followup- You will send the manuscript after working on it post your first round of feedback. The Beta Reader will review the changes and send the manuscript back to you so that you can proceed further.
You will send the final manuscript with any specific questions you have about the section. The Beta Reader will answer the review questions along with the specific questions (if any) you had asked.
a. Final Review Followup- You will send the final draft, with changes, to the Beta Reader. The Beta Reader will go through the manuscript and give you their final feedback. After this, you can take a call on how you want to proceed with the manuscript and if you think you’re done with writing, a project manager will take over the process. The next step will be copy editing your manuscript.
SIGN UP TO START PUBLISHING NOW