Complete set of publishing and marketing services to create your bestseller
Price: Rs. 50 per page plus GST
Have you written your manuscript on paper? No worries. Let us help you convert your hard copy into a MS Word document. This service does not include proof reading of your typed manuscript.
Price: Rs. 0.60 per word plus GST
Copy Editing is the process of making a manuscript grammatically correct.
WHAT IT INCLUDES:
We cover all major areas in copy editing. Our editors will review the manuscript and suggest changes in grammar, punctuation, spelling, tone and consistency to make it as error-free as possible. You would be able to accept or reject the suggestions and post queries on the ones you need more clarity on. This would be a collaborative effort with you and the editor and the final manuscript would be the result of a consensus between both parties.
In grammar we check verb usage, parts of speech, tenses, pronoun usage, and prepositions and so on.
Here we make sure the spellings are right, consistent and adhere to one style (US or UK).
We check for consistency in style (US or UK), punctuation in dialogue and punctuation in running text.
Sometimes, the phrases in a sentence can be in the wrong order. The sentence’s intended meaning will be different from what is written. There may be too many long sentences, short sentences or abrupt sentences. And sometimes, the sentences may be incomplete.
Consistency in format
All the dates, units, headings, quotes, symbols, capitalizations and everything in your manuscript should follow one consistent style. This is because it’s easier for a reader to follow and recollect the details. Familiarity will help with retention.
HOW IT WORKS:
Using track changes on word, we will make indicative suggestions and changes that will allow the author to review and approve. All the changes and suggestions made by an editor are not final until the author responds and approves them. Editing is always collaborative.
When we spot inconsistencies, we will follow one style, based on the inputs we get from the author and make all the text and symbols consistent, adhering to one style. We will make changes wherever we spot errors or inconsistencies and leave comments when we have queries.
WHAT WE DON’T COVER IN COPY EDITING
Price: Rs. Rs. 0.60 per word plus GST
Copy Editing is the process of making a manuscript grammatically correct. However, due to its creative nature, poetry requires a different form of copy editing.
1. We check for Inconsistencies in
2. Ellipsis- This is overused in poetry. The editor will point out instances where this is unnecessary
3. Punctuation- Incorrect punctuation can often interfere with the intended meaning. Although poets are often handed the poetic license, incorrect punctuation will reduce the readability of a poem. For instance, using commas in the wrong places will create redundant, pregnant pauses and get in the way of the imagery. The editor will point out these instances.
4. Spelling- Incorrect spellings will be edited.
5. Unintelligible sentences- Poetry tends to be abstract and many seemingly random words are often strung together intentionally. However, when the intended meaning doesn't come through, it may not make any sense to a reader. The editor will leave queries here, asking the poet to rephrase it to fill the gap between the intended meaning and the existing text.
6. Grammar- Again, the editor will use a light hand here. But they will point out instances where there are glaring errors with no specific intention. However, these are only suggestions and not the final changes.
What we don't cover in Poetry editing:
SIGN UP TO START PUBLISHING NOW