Share this book with your friends


Author Name: S. Kumaravel | Format: Paperback | Genre : Educational & Professional | Other Details

Clinical diagnosis in orthopedic pain conditions can be mysterious, especially when many conditions mimic each other in the same region. An unusual manifestation delays diagnosis, and increases complications, worsening the patient’s condition. This book highlights the need for a change in our method of clinical practice, both in primary care and specialist care.

Dr. Kumaravel has updated methods in diagnosing orthopedic conditions and has structured the chapters so that in a region of pain, both local and transmitted pain are considered. A simple approach of considering the different conditions in tables and flow charts will help young orthopedic surgeons to discover what they are dealing with. i.e., If there is pain, then where did it arise? What is the list of conditions one needs to consider? What can it mimic? What do they need to be differentiated from?  

Never missing a diagnosis can’t be more emphasized. Because knowing what condition one is dealing with solves 99% of the problem, while treating it is only the remaining 1%. Knowledge is power.

Readers can apply these to their patients and plan the treatment accordingly. This well-structured book for orthopedic pain makes learning orthopedics entertaining and assists clinicians in giving correct and quick care.

Paperback 4100

Inclusive of all taxes


Item is available at

Enter pincode for exact delivery dates

Also Available On

S. Kumaravel

Dr. S. Kumaravel has almost a quarter-century of experience in orthopedic surgery. He is multifaceted as a professor, researcher, research guide, reviewer, editorial board member, and senate member of Tamil Nadu’s Dr. MGR Medical University. He is associated with leading journals of Springer, Elsevier, Medknow, WHO bulletin, etc., and has lectured in many Indian and international academic fora.

He has conducted many CMEs, state, Indian and international conferences. He has many awards to his credit like TANSA-2015, best research paper award of the Indian orthopedic association, best doctor award of the TN Dr. MGR Medical University, and Travel grant from the UGC. He has two patents registered in Indian Patent Office for a method to fix patella fractures and a method to weigh patients on the operation Table. He has authored chapters in Elsevier’s Smart health care. He has authored two books for postgraduates— “Short cases in Orthopaedics for PG practical examination” (2013) and “OSCE in Orthopedics”(2017)— both published by JAYPEE publishers. This is his third book on orthopedics. In the Tamil language, he has authored a book on orthopedics “Elumbai arinthaal” published by The Thanjavur Tamil University in 2017. His online identities are 

LIVEDNA ID   SCOPUS ID: 35210912900

ORCID:   Researcher ID: E-2224-2013



+2 more
View All